Vijay Eswaran is a man with a very interesting life story. He has truly led not only a fascinating life, but has led many lives. Today, he is an entrepreneur, philanthropist and economist. He is globally known for his success in business and in his dedication to philosophies such as servant leadership. He contributes much of his success to this diversification of his life’s work and noted that it was through both successes and failures that he has achieved happiness in fulfilling his true life’s passion of helping others gain wealth and success, while also doing good and helping people to facilitate happiness in others.
Vijay Eswaran works in a variety of roles, including being a successful entrepreneur, global speaker, author and a global philanthropist. He is also currently the richest man in Asia, with a net worth of more than $500 million and growing. He is most notably known as the founder of the QI Group, a group of companies that grew from a single entity to a global network of companies spanning more than 30 countries and most major continents. The company currently has its headquarters in Hong King as well as Kuala Lumpur and is known as a multinational conglomerate that is expanding rapidly each year.
Vijay Eswaran’s Many Career Paths
After working in information engineering, Vijay Eswaran decided that he wanted to set bigger goals for himself. This decision led to the establishment of QNET. The company specialized in function as a direct-selling network that utilized e-commerce. It was founded in 1998 and was a trailblazer in the world of direct selling through e-commerce methods. This is something that we take for granted today and has become integrated into our purchasing mindset. QNET grew rapidly and soon became the largest direct selling network in multiple Asian markets. The company helped others become entrepreneurs by giving them the tools to sell directly and gain financial freedom.
After QNET saw such great success, Vijay Eswaran wanted to follow a different passion. He decided to host V-Connection. The convention is a spectacular event that focuses on a variety of events including networking, motivational speaking and training in a vast variety of fields. More than 20,000 leaders come from all over the world to attend the event.
The QI Group of Companies
The QI Group of Companies may be the most interesting and successful venture that Vijay Eswaran has accomplished. The company is comprised of a variety of verticals, including real estate, education and global investments. The group focuses on promoting value-based leadership and network marketing. The company also gives 10% of its profits to philanthropic endeavors.
The QI Group of company has empowered more than a million entrepreneurs globally. The company employs more than 1,500 people and empowers those people to become their own boss and gain financial freedom.
From Taxi Driver to the Forbes List
Vijay Eswaran was born into a modest family in Malaysia. His family was very well educated and always placed a very high value on the power of education and personal growth. Since his early years he has never been one to shy away from hard work and has always seen the power of being a hard worker in driving unprecedented personal growth and career success. In fact, he got his start working as a taxi driver in order to save enough money to be able to put him through school. He gained degrees in accounting and management and attended schools in both London and in Chicago. After graduating with excellent grades, Vijay Eswaran went on to his first career, which was as an information systems engineer. He worked his way up the ladder, working with some of North America and South-East Asia’s largest companies, even spending time working for IBM.
Today, Vijay Eswaran has worked hard to become the wealthiest man in Asia. His net worth is more than $500 million and is a world leader in network marketing, a leading author and one of the world’s top professional speakers. His portfolio includes global company holdings, real estate holdings, telecommunications franchises and more. However, he still treasures his humble beginnings as a taxi cab driver, working aggressively to make his way in the business world.
Two Minutes from the Abyss
One of Vijay’s main pillars is that it is a big world out there and many people miss it because they do not take the time to look up and experience it. In his book, “Two Minutes from the Abyss,” Vijay Eswaran delves into the fact that many people experience life by simply going through the motions of what they think life should be. Many people have incredible passions and drive, yet are scared to break out of their comfort zones to truly follow their dreams.
In the book, Vijay Eswaran shares his theory of the 11 Pillars of Life Management. These pillars are designed to help people take control of their lives, achieve their dreams and become the best versions of themselves. The pillars include things such as
- Learning how to successfully manage relationships
- Bringing true joy into your life
- Developing a sense of urgency in life
- Becoming the true best version of yourself
- Living in the true now of your life
The book is truly profound and the reviews are spectacular. It is a great read for anyone who feels like they are going through the motions of life and have not reached their true potential. We all have higher dreams and passions and the book provides a roadmap of how to achieve those dreams. The book is told through a variety of stories, advice, humorous anecdotes and proven management tips.
What is Servant Leadership?
One of the core pillars of Vijay Eswaran’s philosophy in everything he does is the policy of Servant Leadership. He believes that real leaders do not focus on telling people what to do, but they live to excel in serving. Vijay says that this philosophy is one that is truly close to his heart and one that he learned in his younger years. He stated that his father instilled in him that the concept of focusing on service over self. He stated that this is a philosophy that he has held onto his whole life and instilled in everything he has ever done. From his business ventures to philanthropic endeavors, the concept of service over self comes first in everything he has accomplished.
Vijay Eswaran believes that the concept of servant leadership means something different to most everyone. While there are no strict rules about what it must mean, the main concept is to put other people’s needs ahead of yourself while simultaneously working to achieve your highest dreams. Vijay has been very influenced by people who dedicated their lives to servant leadership. These leaders include people like Mother Teresa and Mahatma Gandhi, among other leaders.
Below are the five qualities that Vijay Eswaran believes all student leaders have:
- Care. Vijay Eswaran believes that a true servant leader always puts the people who work for him first. While the leaders take care of their people, the people within the custom should focus on taking care of their people: the customers. Servant leaders follow the philosophy that everyone comes into their life for a reason. People may cross into their lives as employees or simply a customer they interact with for a few minutes; the length of time does not matter. The only thing that matters is to care about everyone who comes into your life.
- Clarity of Vision. Vijay believes that leaders must have a solid vision that can be clearly communicated to their team. He states that when a leader is clear about what they would like to accomplish and provides clear guidelines to their team about what they are expected to accomplish, everyone wins. The concept of providing clear direction benefits everyone that is a part of the entity. This may mean that leaders need to take extra steps to focus on their vision and how they can most effectively communicate it to their team.
- Core Values. When considering servant leadership, Vijay Eswaran believes that core values are essential to thrive. Core values need to be strictly established for any leader and the leader needs to establish values for their employees. True servant leaders establish those values as strong pillars that guide everything that they do. These values drive company goals and company culture. Values should be what are truly important to your organization. He believes that while these values can include things like growth and financial success, they should also be comprised of things such as honesty and service to all. A true servant leader focuses on building a suite of holistic goals for the company and employees.
- Commitment to Growth. As a servant leader, Vijay believes that leaders should always be focusing on not only being their best serves, but encourage their team to become their best selves. Servant leaders create a culture that is ripe with opportunities to thrive and for people to grow as individuals within the company.
- Creating a Will to Sacrifice. Vijay Eswaran believes that real servant leaders lead by their actions, not merely their words alone. He notes that often servant leaders do not choose to lead, but come into positions that force them to lead. It is during these times that servant leaders step up even though it may be a sacrifice to them.
These five things are the core pillars of servant leadership. There are many more pillars and Vijay Eswaran encourages people that strive to be servant leaders to adapt these pillars to their specific role as a leader. He also encourages people to build their own pillars and to asses them on a frequent basis. The role of a servant leader evolves over time and so should the core pillars.
A Speaker to Be Heard
Among his many ventures, Vijay Eswaran is a globally respected motivational speaker. Vijay has spoken to millions of people around the world as well as hosted training programs for entrepreneurs who want to thrive. He also hosts regular programs designed to help youth to begin to thrive as an early age. Mr. Eswaran is invited to speak on a vast variety of topics. These topics range from things that address world economics, to discussing his path to becoming a global thought leader. He also frequently speaks about how to foster the next generation. Vijay has traveled the world speaking on those topics. He also enjoys focusing on economics topics that are specific to the Asian economy. For example, he has spoken at the World Chinese Economic Forum and the East Asia Summit.
Vijay Eswaran’s Personal Writings
Vijay Eswaran is highly passionate about the power of the written word. He is a frequent contributor to several top publications and websites. The topics of his articles vary, but they are typically aimed at helping readers to achieve their personal goals and achieve success in their lives. For example, in a recent article on AlleyWatch.com, Vijay wrote about the three ways that he believes fear can actually drive success.
In this article, he tells readers that there is no one out there that doesn’t have any fear. The difference between people is that some people choose to embrace their fears and some people let fear control their lives. By letting fear control life, Vijay states that true happiness can’t be achieved.
The three ways fear helps drive success are excellent ways to embrace fear and drive career and personal growth.
First, he states that fear is simply our excitement in disguise. He talked about how children are innately the least affected by fear in their lives. Kids aren’t afraid to take an adventure or to take a tumble. However, as we grow up our fear begins to become stronger and stronger. He believes that we can actively embrace our fears and choose to turn fear into excitement. By doing this, people are able to live a fuller live and achieve personal growth.
A look at the “megatrends” in this evolving job market… https://t.co/1FNUVeIEC0
— Vijay Eswaran (@VjayEswaran) May 16, 2018
Second, he speaks to the fact that what doesn’t paralyze you can actually energize you. He encourages readers to think about all the times that they were afraid of doing something and it turned out to be a great experience or may have led to something great. He tells readers that when they come upon fears they should think back to those times and boldly embrace fear instead of letting it paralyze them.
Finally, he speaks to the true fact that feat often leads to growth. The article talks about how letting fear keep you from doing something, you will end up stuck in one place. While the familiar is not necessarily a bad thing, personal growth should always be at the forefront of life goals. By embracing fear, people are recommitting themselves to that goal of personal growth and a joyous life.
This is just one example of Vijay Eswaran’s written contributions. He is known as a global thought leader and provides guidance through writing for various publications as well as through his many published books.